The BCSE is closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working to understand the impact on U.S. clean energy industries and their workforce. The BCSE’s top concern is the health and well-being of all Americans during this crisis.
BCSE and its members are working to ensure continuity of business operations in order to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy, as well as the technology, equipment and other services needed to navigate this public health crisis.
Small Business Resources
The COVID-19 crisis is an especially challenging time for small business owners. To better help small businesses navigate this crisis, the CEBN has compiled this list of financial relief resources. CEBN is also working to add new funding opportunities to our premium members-only Funding Database, and will soon open this up publicly to help businesses that are struggling find the resources they need.
The energy sector is home to essential critical infrastructure workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. BCSE members are responding to the crisis by providing essential services and energy to support critical infrastructure. Several BCSE members are also adapting normal business operations to meet the needs of the crisis - from transitioning to the manufacturing of ventilators and protective personal equipment and helping customers facing challenging economic times.
Please see the BCSE Federal Policy page for the latest advocacy efforts related to COVID-19 and economic relief, recovery and renewal.
Stay Connected: Powering Forward
The BCSE is partnering with the Clean Energy Business Network to host a new webinar series – Powering Forward – to examine developments across the clean energy economy in the U.S.
This series acknowledges unique impacts facing clean energy industries during the COVID-19 crisis, along with the vital role of our sectors in a post-COVID era. Each episode is produced collaboratively with partners working to advance clean energy, demonstrating that together, we can power forward through this crisis to emerge as a stronger, more resilient America.
Please see the BCSE Events page for information on the latest installment of the webinar.
BCSE Members’ Resources
- National U.S. Coronavirus Website – White House, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) updates on COVID-19.
- National Governors Association COVID-19 State Tracker – Latest on state-by-state actions to address COVID-19, incidence of disease, NGA policy statements and more.
- State Health Departments – Directory of U.S. state and territories public health departments with latest COVID-19 response measures and information, provided by USA.gov.
- FEMA COVID-19 Response: Updates on federal partners working with state, local, tribal and territorial governments to execute a whole-of-America response to the pandemic
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security – Information on Essential Critical Infrastructure
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) – FAQs, National Labs’ responses and resources and more.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – Information on disinfectants, drinking water and wastewater and more.
- U.S. Department of the Treasury – Information on the CARES Act and other financial resources.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) – Guidance and loan resources for small businesses.