- Access to top policymakers at the state, national and international levels, our broad-based industry coalition, and our partners in the environmental community
- Influence and the ability to shape the policies that will guide the future of the U.S. energy markets
- Knowledge on time-sensitive information on clean energy market trends and policy developments
- Visibility as a sustainable business and recognition as a clean energy solution
- Meetings with key members of Congress and staff, Administration officials and federal agencies, as well as state officials;
- Participation in international delegations to meetings of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC); and
- Opportunities to network and collaborate within our national, broad-based industry coalition through committee meetings and bi-annual meetings.
As the premier organization representing existing clean energy technologies from the energy efficiency, natural gas and renewable energy sectors – the Council is well-positioned to shape key policy initiatives at both the state and national levels that will transform the way energy is generated, distributed and used in the United States. The Council is engaged with and works to influence the development of state and federal policies and programs on energy, environment and climate change on behalf of its members.