The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
- This event has passed.
ACORE Policy Forum
March 4, 2020
Every spring, leaders from across the renewable energy industry descend upon Washington, D.C. for two days of networking, thought leadership, and timely policy insights at the American Council on Renewable Energy’s Policy Forum and Awards Gala.
Register here. Panels include:
The Future of Federal Clean Energy Legislation: What’s Next from Congress
Panelists will reflect on recent and proposed clean energy legislation in Congress.
- Implications of the final 2019 tax extenders package for renewable growth and investment, and prospects for progress on unfinished business
- Federal Renewable Energy Policy 2.0: Discussion of the proposed 100 by 50 goal, the GREEN Act, technology-neutral approaches to federal clean energy tax incentives, freestanding options for storage and offshore wind, and more
The Impact of Climate Policy on Renewable Energy
Climate concerns are an increasingly significant driver for pro-growth policies in the renewable sector. Panelists will discuss the menu of climate policy options available and how they could affect renewable growth and investment.
- How much we must accelerate renewable sector growth to meet the climate imperative
- The strengths and weaknesses of leading climate policy options, both separately and in combination
- The political viability of various proposals
- The prominence of climate in the campaigns and how climate may shape election results
Pathways to 100%: Opportunities and Implications of Clean Energy Standards
The recent surge of state 100% commitments has elevated the role of states in driving sector expansion. Meanwhile, Congressional proposals for federal RES and CES legislation are gaining traction. Panelists will assess methods of compliance, implications for electricity markets, and prospects for additional state and federal policies.
- How to turn goals into action: procurement needs, grid requirements and other opportunities and challenges
- Design considerations of federal RES/CES legislation and how the Federal government can help enable achievement of state targets
- Sector investment: is adequate capital available to achieve 100%?
Growing Renewables Through Market Reforms and Transmission Expansion
Panelists will reflect on how recent and expected actions from FERC and the wholesale markets may impact renewables, energy storage and transmission, and suggest mechanisms to remove market barriers.
- Post-FERC Order No. 841: How can we expand market access for hybrid projects and greater storage participation?
- Expanded transmission access: Transmission planning reforms and policy levers on the horizon?
- Dynamic regional markets: What roles can energy imbalance markets and capacity markets play in the grid of tomorrow?
- Other FERC issues: With MOPRs, resilience dockets and more, how do we ensure markets don’t slide backward while we try to reach clean energy imperatives?