January 31, 2019
Contact: Laura Tierney, BCSE
BCSE and BloombergNEF to Release Annual U.S. Sustainable Energy Industry Factbook on February 13
BNEF Executives and Leaders of Major Energy Organizations To Speak at Media Briefing on the 2019 Factbook
The Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE) and BloombergNEF (BNEF) will host a press briefing on the release of the seventh annual edition of the Sustainable Energy in America Factbook on Wednesday, February 13, 2019. The briefing will begin at 9:30 am at the office of Bloomberg L.P. at 1101 New York Avenue, NW (9th Floor, United Nations Room) in Washington, D.C.
Each year, the Factbook provides comprehensive information and analysis on major sustainable energy facts and trends from the previous year. The Factbook includes statistics on market growth and contraction, notable trends and analysis of the marketplace, and insights related to energy efficiency, natural gas and renewable energy. This year’s Factbook will provide insights on:
- Latest state-of-play of U.S. energy, economics, technology deployment and policy
- New data on renewables and storage, trends in sustainable transportation, building efficiency and corporate procurement
- Key questions to be answered about topics including energy productivity and emissions reductions trends
Confirmed BNEF and industry executives speaking at the February 13th press briefing include:
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Americas, BloombergNEF
- Lisa Jacobson, President, Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Abigail Ross Hopper, President and CEO, Solar Energy Industries Association
- Tom Kiernan, CEO, American Wind Energy Association
- Dave McCurdy, President and CEO, American Gas Association
- Jeff Leahey, Deputy Executive Director, National Hydropower Association
- Mark Wagner, Vice President, Government Relations, Johnson Controls and Chairman, BCSE Board of Directors
To register for the event, or if you have questions or want to add a colleague to our distribution list, please contact Laura Tierney at BCSE, firstname.lastname@example.org. For BNEF-related press inquiries please contact Veronika Henze at email@example.com.
About the Factbook Partners
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies. Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information.
Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE) is a coalition of companies and trade associations from the energy efficiency, natural gas and renewable energy sectors. The Council membership also includes independent electric power producers, investor-owned utilities, public power, commercial end-users and project developers and service providers for energy and environmental markets. Since 1992, the Council has been a leading industry voice advocating for policies at the state, national and international levels that increase the use of commercially-available clean energy technologies, products and services.